The Oriental has implemented a number of measures to meet existing sustainable tourism standards; this is in order to promote improved environmental performance through pollution prevention, increased staff awareness and continuous improvement.
We are currently working towards a Green Tourism Business Scheme accreditation which supports:
• Reduced environmental impact.
• Cost savings through efficiencies.
• The improvement of a public image
• A credible sustainable choice for consumers
• Strong links between quality and the Environment
We have also recently been awarded the Steps to Environmental Management STEM level blue and we are working towards silver. Please read our environmental statement >>
We will work to the GTBS standards in these areas: